Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Little of This, Little of That...

Over time, I have dabbled in a lot of different mediums when it comes to arts and crafts. I've done painting, ceramics, weaving, crocheting, knitting, sewing, drawing... Anything that strikes me, I will try. Since I don't have enough pictures of the process for any of those projects though, I thought I would share a quick glimpse into my past...

Painting on a piggy bank for my nephew






 Pine and Holly door wreath for Winter



Crocheted bonnet for a friend's daughter




 Thread Crocheted Christening Bonnet that I am saving



Lavender Sachet I gave to my mom while she was sick

Baby Booties 


Potpourri holder for my mom 


Thick crocheted blanket for my nephew (first ever)


One of my random drawings I couldn't help but upload 




I always wanted to make a family tree for my future children that would combine my love of history with something beautiful for their wall. Since my sister beat me to it, I started the design for my nephew, but made it easily modifiable for other family trees.

Family Tree Design
Hand drawn then scanned and modified in GIMP




Basket Weaving


HS Ceramics - Study in Sculpture


HS Ceramics - A study in symmetry


One of the mediums I miss the most is ceramics, but with the requirement of a kiln, it is not very feasible right now, either to own one or to work in a studio. While polymer clay isn't anywhere near the real deal, its a reasonable stand in, and every project is not a study in patience. Looking through these, I realized I didn't make one of our other dog yet - new project for the list :)


 Replica of our first dog Buddy that I made for my husband


Prediction of my husband when he's old
Polymer head and limbs, cloth body and clothing

  
Silly Frog


No comments:

Post a Comment